Sunday, April 8, 2012

What do I teach?

To get my blog started, I'll share a little about what I teach.

I teach ten ELD groups a day.   I teach two kindergarten groups, two first grade groups, a second grade group, two third grade groups, two fourth grade groups, and a fifth grade group.  All of my groups are 30 minutes long with the exception of my kindergarten groups which are only 15 minutes.

I teach English Language Learners.  So, students whose native language, or first language, is something other than English OR students who are influenced by another language.  Most of my students are Spanish speakers or have Spanish speakers living in their home and are therefore influenced by the Spanish language.  I have one student from China and one student who was adopted from Haiti.   In years past, I worked in schools with many different language populations and, while I love my current students, I miss the diversity.





1 comment:

  1. Hi there! I'm so glad I found your blog! I am looking forward to following your adventures in Lessons in Language. I am an ELD teacher in Arizona. I will be teaching a 1st/2nd multiage classroom. I just started my own blog over at everyonesmilesnthesamelanguage.blogspot.com

    Casey =)

    ReplyDelete